- CPP Presents: MBTI Type and Student Retention
- Nov. 06. 2009 09:00 AM - 04:30 PM
- Northeastern University - Raytheon Amphitheater - Boston
- Professional Development Seminar
This workshop is designed for college, university, and high school student support services professionals and faculty; career counselors and academic advisors; private career and college counselors and coaches; new as well as experienced Myers-Briggs® (MBTI®) type users.
Consulting Psychologists Press (CPP), in collaboration with the Career Counselors’ Consortium invites you to our new MBTI® Type and Student Retention workshop. Learn how to use type to address the two critical factors that contribute to keeping students in school: a sense of purpose and differentiated learning.
Workshop topics include:
- Review of Myers-Briggs® (MBTI®) type basics
- Understanding the relationship between type and retention
- Correlation between type table columns and student motivation
- Connecting the type table quadrants and learning styles
- Career and type development
- Presenting the "other side of type"--helping students manage stress
- Using type and retention concepts to justify student support services
What you will receive from attending:
- Takeaway activities you can put to use immediately
- Opportunity to take CPP assessments
- NBCC and MBTI® Master Practitioner CEs
- 20% off selected CPP materials
Trainer: Catherine Rains, M.S., CPP Education Consultant, is a former director of university career services and an assessment trainer with 20 years experience in career counseling and program development.
To Register: visit www.cpp.com/retention or call CPP Customer Relations at (800) 624-1765. Your cost for attending the workshop is only $85 per person, in advance, and includes refreshments, materials, and the scoring of sample reports. Registrations may be cancelled for a full refund up to five business days before the workshop date.
*Please Note: This is not an MBTI certification course. If you are not associated with an accredited school, or have not taken a course in tests and measurements, completion of a certification course would still be a prerequisite to purchasing the MBTI assessment, even if you attend this workshop. For more information on certification courses, please visit www.cpp.com/certification.