- LinkedIn 1 AM: How to Run a Workshop, Improve YOUR Profile & Maximize this Tool in CT
- Jul. 23. 2012 10:00 AM - 01:00 PM
- Wesleyan University - Middletown
- Professional Development Seminar
Note: You will need a laptop computer for this session.
At this point, LinkedIn certainly isn’t new to you. You are most likely using it and teaching this tool to your clients/students. You recognize that it has become a critical part of networking, career exploration and, of course, job search. If you like the tool, and want to explore even more of its’ potential, then join us for this engaging, hands-on lab session!
Topics to Be Covered:
- Learn how to run a successful LinkedIn Lab workshop. Do you know what to include when teaching LinkedIn in a group, hands-on lab setting? How can you make your workshop interactive, fun and engaging? There is so much you could include, but what is most important?
- Enhance your own profile. Do you have a summary? Are you posting regular updates? Have you thought about your own keywords? Are you positioning yourself for your next career move?
- Utilize LinkedIn, even more, for your job as a career professional. Have you used LinkedIn yet for your own job? Are you connected to the best possible groups? Have you ever used it to find guest speakers for your programs?
We'll address these three areas in a highly interactive and hands-on way, while you are logged into your own LinkedIn profile. Please bring a laptop to this session.
Feedback from past CCC LinkedIn workshop participants:
“This was an outstanding workshop, extremely informative.”
“I loved the hands on approach and loved that I feel as if I can implement immediately.”
“This was fantastic. I’m a regular and avid LinkedIn user and learned a ton. Sabrina was great.”
“Very worthwhile, enjoyable, and beneficial.”
Workshop Facilitator: Sabrina Woods is an Associate Director of Career Services at Northeastern University (NU) and also has a private practice in holistic career/life coaching and consulting. Sabrina has taught LinkedIn workshops to both clients and other career services professionals at NU, the University of London, Harvard University, the Learning Connection, and the CCC. For more information about Sabrina’s background, visit: www.linkedin.com/in/sabrinawoods
Registration: $55.00 for members and non-members.
Please note: If you are interested in participating in the LinkedIn 1 workshop in the AM and LinkedIn 2 workshop in the PM, please register for the combined full day workshop so you will receive the discounted registration rate of $90 (a $20 savings!).