- LinkedIn 1 and 2 Combined - Full Day Workshop in CT
- Jul. 23. 2012 10:00 AM - 05:00 PM
- Wesleyan University - Middletown
- Professional Development Seminar
This is a full day workshop combining LinkedIn 1: How to Run A Workshop, Improve YOUR Profile & Maximize this Tool and LinkedIn 2: Advanced Users Workshop for a discounted price!
NOTE: You will need a laptop computer for this workshop.
Morning Session from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm: LinkedIn 1: How to Run a Workshop, Improve YOUR Profile & Maximize this Tool
At this point, LinkedIn certainly isn’t new to you. You are most likely using it and teaching this tool to your clients/students. You recognize that it has become a critical part of networking, career exploration and, of course, job search. If you like the tool, and want to explore even more of its’ potential, then join us for this engaging, hands-on lab session!
Topics to Be Covered:
- Learn how to run a successful LinkedIn Lab workshop. Do you know what to include when teaching LinkedIn in a group, hands-on lab setting? How can you make your workshop interactive, fun and engaging? There is so much you could include, but what is most important?
- Enhance your own profile. Do you have a summary? Are you posting regular updates? Have you thought about your own keywords? Are you positioning yourself for your next career move?
- Utilize LinkedIn, even more, for your job as a career professional. Have you used LinkedIn yet for your own job? Are you connected to the best possible groups? Have you ever used it to find guest speakers for your programs?
We'll address these three areas in a highly interactive and hands-on way, while you are logged into your own LinkedIn profile.
Afternoon Session from 2:30 pm to 5:00 pm: LinkedIn 2: Advanced Users Workshop
This “advanced users” workshop is designed for the avid LinkedIn user, both personally and professionally. We'll assume you are already doing or teaching the following: maintaining a solid profile, summary, and specialties; posting updates and having conversations in groups; conducting informational interviews by contacting people through groups; and researching companies.
What we will talk about will be the more recent add-ons, tools, and apps, as well as some new ways of using what has always been there. Some example topics include advanced company research, the new alumni site, using signal, ways to categorize and download contacts, adding or editing tags, tapping new applications (including cool new ones that you can’t find directly on LinkedIn) and more. You'll be given a demo of these new tools and sections, and then you’ll have the time to test them out and discuss their potential in small groups or pairs.
Join us for a deeper exploration and great conversations about the latest LinkedIn tools and how we and our clients can best use them. Expect a fun, engaging and hands-on session where even LinkedIn experts should gain new insights while collaborating with fellow career counseling colleagues.
Feedback from past CCC LinkedIn workshop participants:
“This was an outstanding workshop, extremely informative.”
“I loved the hands on approach and loved that I feel as if I can implement immediately.”
“This was fantastic. I’m a regular and avid LinkedIn user and learned a ton. Sabrina was great.”
“Very worthwhile, enjoyable, and beneficial.”
Workshop Facilitator: Sabrina Woods is an Associate Director of Career Services at Northeastern University (NU) and also has a private practice in holistic career/life coaching and consulting. Sabrina has taught LinkedIn workshops to both clients and other career services professionals at NU, the University of London, Harvard University, the Learning Connection, and the CCC. For more information about Sabrina’s background, visit: www.linkedin.com/in/sabrinawoods
Registration: $90.00 for members and non-members