Location: Curry Student Center, Room #440
Time: 9:00am - 1:00pm
This year Louise Kursmark’s seminar will include new resume samples and strategies, new material related to job search letters, and some material from previous seminars for review.
In a world of LinkedIn, Twitter, online job applications, and web portfolios, what has happened to the traditional resume? Far from becoming passé, today’s resume is a vibrant and meaningful document that can help your clients stand out against ever-increasing competition in a fast-paced hiring environment.
If your resume writing knowledge and advice are based on strategies and practices from ten, five, or even two years ago, it’s time to update your expertise and learn what works today.
Topics to be covered:
- Learn best practices for writing compelling resumes in the 21st century
- View examples and participate in exercises to learn how to write more concisely to retain essential information while reducing clutter to increase impact
- Understand current trends in resume writing – what’s new and what’s different
- Acquire new techniques for capturing critical information from clients and writing powerful accomplishment statements
- See before-and-after resume transformations showcasing strategies taught in the session
- Address the differences in creating resumes for human eyes and for
- Applicant Tracking Systems
- Gain fresh ideas and up-to-date techniques for writing cover letters, e-notes, and other job search correspondence
Using ideas and content from her latest books Modernize Your Resume and Modernize Your Job Search Letters, Louise will provide the most critical and up-to-date information to help career counselors and coaches guide their clients in creating powerful career marketing documents.
One of the leading resume writers and trainers in the United States, Louise Kursmark has been helping job seekers and career professionals create compelling and meaningful career marketing documents for more than 20 years. In her Boston-based private practice, Best Impression Career Services, Louise works exclusively with senior executives in career transition. She also co-founded Resume Writing Academy, the world’s first comprehensive resume training program, and has written or co-written more than 20 books on resume writing and career management.
The first person worldwide to earn the Master Resume Writer credential, Louise is also a Certified Professional Resume Writer, Certified Employment Interview Professional, Certified Job and Career Transition Coach, and Credentialed Career Master. She was a founding board member of Career Thought Leaders and has also been a member and volunteer with Career Directors International, National Resume Writers Association, and Professional Association of Resume Writers and Career Coaches. She speaks frequently to both career professionals and job seekers.